Why date on values?
Do you feel like you're constantly drawn to the same type even though you know it's not right for you? Are you the one who often hear yourself say “I can adapt”? Wondering if there is someone out there who can love you for exactly who you are? Now is the time to understand how to find the right partner for you!
When you understand what is most important to you and how it shapes the choices you make every day, you won't feel the need to constantly seek approval or validation from others. Because it doesn't work in that way. When you know what you need and strive for and WHY you feel that way, you will understand much more clearly who is right for you. The relationship experts agree (which is unusual!) that the more values you share with a potential partner, the greater the likelihood that you will enjoy being together, have fun and that the relationship will last in the long run.
Understand your values
The dating app, Relate Date, provides a set of tools that assist you in identifying and mapping out your values through a three-step process.
- Your priorities means identifying what feels most important to you in how you want to live your life.
- What you value in the relationship is what you need and therefore look for in a love relationship.
- Important in society represents what you value or perhaps even help shape in your surroundings.
Which keywords have you chosen? What words do you feel particularly strongly about?
- Think of a time when you made a decision based on your values. How did it feel in your body?
- Now think of a time when you didn't act according to your values. How did that make you feel?
How does your profile text appear? Have you included explanations for the reasons behind your words?
- Give examples of what you like to do on a daily basis.
- Tell more about your everyday pace and mood. Do you need someone to match it or someone to balance it out?
- Describe what your dreams look like and how you want it to be in the future.
Why date on values?
Understand yourself better - Research has shown that just by clarifying our values to ourselves, our well-being increases by being able to actively choose what makes us happy, gives us energy and meaning.
Find the right partner for you - Research shows that couples with common core values last longer and have an easier time understanding each other. Makes sense! It will be easier to live together if you want to live a similar type of life. For example, if you both value health, you are more likely to give each other space to exercise and cook healthy meals together.
Leads to deeper contact and conversation - Exploring values in conversation with your date makes it easier for you to get past the weather talk and easier feel if you click.
with a little help of his plant.